TRIPAWDS: Home to 10569 Members and 1246 Blogs.
HOME » NEWS » BLOGS » FORUMS » CHAT » FACEBOOK » TWITTER » RANDOM BLOG

Tripawds Supporter sites have no ads!

Oct 17 2011

Waning Days

Filed under Uncategorized

Tripawds is a user-supported community. Thank you for your support!

Last week, Linnea was still up and enjoying the fresh fall air, though no longer running or chasing tennis balls or squirrels.  But the decline has come quickly. A few days ago, she stopped eating except when hand fed in the evenings.  I have to squirt water into her mouth and them sometimes she will perk up enough to drink out her bowl if I hold it to her mouth. And today has been the worst – she can no longer stand on her own. We have to carry her outside.  This is the end.  We won’t let her suffer more.  Linnea will be crossing the rainbow bridge all too soon.

To remove ads from your site and others, upgrade to a Tripawds Supporter blog!

7 responses so far

7 Responses to “Waning Days”

1.   maximutton 17 Oct 2011 at 5:59 am     Reply1

I’m so sorry to hear about Linnea. No matter how long we have with our babies, it’s just never enough. Please know you are giving your girl the greatest gift you can, the gift of leaving her broken body behind so she can run with all the brave Tripawds who left before her. Your girl will always be with you in spirit, never forget that.

2.   samsamsmomon 17 Oct 2011 at 1:27 pm     Reply2

I’m so sorry your beautiful girl is winding down. You gave her so many months of good quality time although I know it’s never enough. It must be so difficult to watch her decline so please know you have our good thoughts to give you strength through this difficult time. Your love and wonderful memories of Linnea will help you when the time comes. Please hang in! xo Sue and Sammy

3.   etgayleon 17 Oct 2011 at 1:58 pm     Reply3

we are so sorry to hear that linnea’s journey with you will soon end. it’s so difficult when we see the body failing, when the spirit remains strong. love never ends.

charon & gayle

4.   AbbysMomon 17 Oct 2011 at 3:08 pm     Reply4

I’m so sorry to read this. I hope you have some peace in knowing that up until recently she was still enjoying life, and in knowing that you are doing a very unselfish thing for her in letting her go and ending her pain. She is a beautiful girl and I’m sure you’ll miss her greatly.

sending hugs,
    Jackie, Abby’s mom

5.   chilidawgon 18 Oct 2011 at 12:39 am     Reply5

I am so sorry to read this. I know how quickly the end comes- it came all too quickly for my Chili Dawg as well. The final gift of the Rainbow Bridge is the most difficult gift to give to our special friends. She is a beautiful girl and I know how hard it is to say goodbye. My Chili Dawg will be waiting on the other side to greet your special girl and show her around to the other tripawd warriors that have gone before her. I am sending you lots of tear-filled hugs.

Jenna & Spirit Chili Dawg

6.   lucillaon 18 Oct 2011 at 12:55 am     Reply6

I am so sorry to read this as well. Give her big kisses and whisper in her ear a message of love, love, love.

I send all my strength and blessings to you.
    Frankie’s mom

7.   doggiemomma9on 18 Oct 2011 at 4:29 am     Reply7

I am sorry to hear this, too. You are at the part we all absolutely dread. Stay strong for her. She will take a part of you with her, but she will leave a part of her with you.

Trackback URI | Comments RSS